Chrysler Repair/control panel led lights don't work: '04 lh-body Concorde

Concorde Digital Control
Concorde Digital Contr  
Got a 2004 Chrysler Concord.  On the digital control all the function buttons work but the led lights went out.  All fuses look okay so I took it apart and there appears to be a slight burn out mark on the solid state circuitry under the interior clear glass unit(the one that lies behind the dark green glass on the trim bezel) in the upper right hand corner to the top left of the 88. I bought one on ebay and when it did not work, took it apart, and it has the same burn mark.  I've attached an image of both. The burn mark in the attached image shows up as darkened glass but in person it looks more similar to that of a blown fuse.  Thanks.

Hi John,
I can't tell if the brown burn mark is showing the cause for no LED's. The items to check are:
fuses 17 and 19 in the fuse box behind the left end cap of the dash,
the continuity of the orange wire from pin 4 of the instrument cluster to pin 4 of the ATC plug,
and the continuity of the violet/yellow wire from pin 4 of the body control module to pin 2 of the ATC plug. Also check the continuity from the pins of the ATC socket of those two wires to the circuit board proper as there could be a cold solder joint involved.
The former wire is for the 'brightness' of the illumination, and the latter wire is the digital data wire that may be what controls the LED's but if that wire were bad I would imagine more problems than just the missing LED's.
If the fuses and wires, and solder joints check out, then I would have to conclude that both control panels are defective.
Please see the PS below.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).