Chrysler Repair/disarming power seat: PT Cruiser

the power seat on my 2010 PT Cruiser goes up at will, I have very long legs and need the seat to be in its lowest position; when I attempt to lower the seat, nothing happens - my question is this, if I manage to get the seat into its lowest position again, is there a way to permanently disarm the seat so it won't adjust again at all?

Hi Mark,
Using the '06 manual as my reference, if you pulled out fuse 9 (40 amp) that would stop all three motion motors in the seat by disconnected from any power to change their position.
The motors each have a 5 pin plug and applying 12v between pins 1 and 5 of the plug socket will cause the motor to move in one direction or the other (reverse polarity of the jump to reverse direction). So you could move the seat to the lowest position that way, and then remove the fuse #9.
Please read the PS below and consider the 'nomination'.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).