Chrysler Repair/Malfunction Indicator Light: code 0404 egr

G-man wrote at 2013-09-11 22:52:23
I added gum mout, gas and tightened the gas cap...MIL gone!!

Roland wrote at 2013-09-16 03:09:45
It is helpful to learn that the 0404 code can be caused by a egr valve whose 'action' is sticky. I am well aware that idling/starting/accelerating can be impacted by that condition and so I often recommend lubricating the stem of the valve. In the case of pre '96 cars there is no code for that problem but now I see that an 0404 code can also be explained by the same cause. Adding gum-out to the tank evidently can also correct the gum that is compromising the valve 'action'.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston