Chrysler Repair/Pacifica '04 (80, wiper problem

When I want to put my wipers on, my whole electrical system goes crazy, the wiper does not start, the lights in the dashboard go crazy for a few seconds, the heating system does not work and the transmission gears neutral.

Hi Celine,
I would begin at the integrated power module box (in the engine compartment, on the driver side near the fender...a long narrow box mounted longitudinally along the inner fender) and find fuse #6 (30 amp) on the long side of the box closer to the engine. That fuse powers the wiper circuitry so if you remove it that should stop the problem if it has to do with the power for the wiper motors. If it doesn't stop the problem then there is an electrical short circuit in the multi-function switch where you activate wipers.
If removing the fuse stops the problem, then put the fuse in again and remove the 'front wiper on/off relay' which is located on the fender side of the power module box (the relays are small square objects and pull straight up out of the sockets which hold them in place). Then test again to see whether the problem with the other circuits is present or not. If present, then put the relay back in and instead remove the 'wiper hi/lo relay' nearby and see what happens with the other devices when you request wiper action. These tests should help us to understand what is causing your problem.
Tell me the results of each of these tests in the order listed.
Please see the PS below.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).