Chrysler Repair/Passenger Side Sliding Door will not open

Question
2007 Chrysler Town and Country, Manual Sliding Doors
Replaced the door lock actuator.  The new actuator locks and unlocks, but the door is "locked" shut.  Will not open from the inside or the outside

Is there anything I can do to get the door open without taking it to the dealership.  I still have access to the inside panel.

Answer
Hi Kelvin,
This is a manual sliding door, not power driven, correct? And before you replaced the power lock actuator the door was operating normally, correct? One possibility is that the child door un-lock prevention might have been actuated, but that shouldn't keep you from opening the door from the outside.
Have you tried reversing the installation procedure that you did to see if that returns things to the status quo ante where the door was operable?
Otherwise, do you have any idea what is causing the binding up?  It might be one of the cables is out of adjustment, for example.
Other than that I have the '06 manual* for the manual door system which is about 16 pages in length which I can copy from the CD and attach those pages to an email which I would send to you directly. But I need to know your email address so tell me that in a follow-up question, but don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at". otherwise the address will be automatically erased.
Thanks for the rating and nomination...much appreciated.
Roland
*The '07 manual (a DVD) I have is not working properly in its connection to the internet, so I have to rely on the '06 (a CD).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston