Chrysler Repair/Plastic Fuel Tank rollover check valve

Mr. Finston,

2004 RAM 1500 4.7.  The issue centers around a broken nipple on one of the plastic rollover protection valves attached to the TEXTRON plastic fuel tank.  If what I'm hearing is correct, these valves  are not serviced by Chrysler.  Is that correct, and if so, what would you recommend?  Tank replacement--or, some sort of repair.  The nipple is completely broken off the valve assembly. Thanks for your time today.

Hi John,
I checked the '04-'06 Ram manuals and could not find anything specific about the check valves. About all I can suggest is the parts counter at a Dodge dealer to see whether a replacement valve is sold separately. If not, them a wrecking yard may be your best alternative to find a replacement valve without the need to replace the tank entirely.
I hope this is helpful.
Please 'rate/nominate' this answer/me (see the PS below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).