Chrysler Repair/Reclining seat repair on '98 Sebring

Hi Roland, I have a 1998 Sebring Convertible, and have problems with the front passenger seat.  Both handles that recline the seat no longer work.  They just swing back and forth but don't do anything.  Do you have any repair advice?  If you have the shop manual that describes this repair, let me know.  I don't mind buying the manual on eBay or Amazon if I know the repair is detailed there.  Let me know if you have any suggestions.  Thanks for the help (and your outstanding help in the past as well).

Hi Bill,
The seat and its disassembly/reassembly is very well described in the '98 manual which I have in hard copy. I can easily photocopy the relevant pages and send them to you by postal mail. Let me know if you have the power seat or the manual seat. In a follow-up question tell me your postal mailing address. I need to do some other copying tomorrow so can get the copies for you then.
Thanks so much for the rating, nomination, and the very kind remarks about me.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).