Chrysler Repair/'00 Sebring: top/power mirrors don't work

Question
QUESTION: Hi,, Thanks for the help if you can,, I replaced my driv side mirror,, it worked for a few secs and then stopped,, pass as well,,   then i realized top wouldnt go down,,    no motor sound,,,  i swappwed out fuses and relays and they seem fine,,  the one under hood of each and the fuse inside car,,,

I must have blown something ,,  odd,,, i disconceted the mirror and nothing,,

thanks,,,,,

ANSWER: Hi David,
Fuse #4 (15 amp) in the fuse box behind the left end cap of the dash powers both the mirrors, the top, and some of the door lock functions so check that one again. It may be that there is a short inside the replacement mirror that is sending current directly to ground. A white wire is carrying that current to the mirror switch and from the switch to the mirror there are 4 wires that carry current in 2 pairs for the up-down/side to side movement. If there was a short inside the mirror such that one of those pairs of wires by-passed the motor that would blow the fuse when you tried to move the mirror or the motor could be shorted. Compare the resistance shown between 1 and 4 vx. 5 and 6 of the mirror socket to check the motors which should show the same resistance. Also examine the wires that come to the plug to see if there might be a short.
Thanks for the rating/nomination.
Roland

QUESTION: Okay,  You are the man,,  it worked,, i feel like an idiot ,, although on my fuse thing it said it was a different fuse,, so i didnt check this one,,  ,  so I am back in the game,,     now my radio occasional goes staticly and sounds like it jumping from station to station,,,  must be a loose wire, because sometimes it s great,, i think ,, i rated you and nominated you,,  let me know  if i can do more,, thanks

Answer
I am pleased to learn that the fuse was the answer. On the radio, fuses 5 and 14 are the ones that power it but I too suspect a wire such as the antenna or the ground wire which attaches from the radio to the support that is under the dash just to the right of the radio along with several other black wires.
If you would care to rate and nominate me again I would be very appreciative.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston