Chrysler Repair/'02 town & country: no ATC function

I have a 02 Chrysler town & country mini-van with automatic temperature control, 3.8l v6.

my problem is it will not turn on. the fuse is ok every thing else on the center console is working.

thank you for your help,
mike limbert

Hi Mike,
The power for the ATC comes from the body control module which in turn gets that power from the ignition switch. The ATC control panel should show a light all the time and that comes from the only fuse that is involved #14. So either the bcm is not getting voltage from the ignition switch (check the pink/white wire on pin 5 of the bcm #2 plug (green interior), OR the bcm is not passing that voltage along to the ATC (gray/pink wire at pin 10 of bcm #4 plug (gray interior)  or the wire is not reaching the ATC on pin 5 of the ATC's black plug. Finally if you do have voltage when the key is in the run position then the black/orange ATC ground wire from pin 11 of the same plug is not being grounded at the ground point under the dash to the right of the center stack. If all that checks out then perhaps the ATC unit itself has failed.
Sorry for the delay in responding but I just found your question in the 'question pool' to which Kevin had referred it.
Please read the PS below.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).