Chrysler Repair/2005 Chrysler Crossfire, not running

2005 Chrysler Crossfire – technical Chrysler Nofire (6 speed, 6 cyl)
Was working fine, bought it, drove several times, one morning, won’t start.
-   Cracks, fires, stalls. Did this three times. After three times, it will not crank again until battery is disconnected, then it repeats the problem. With foot on throttle, cranks, revs, stalls, cranks, revs, stalls, then no cranks. Disconnect battery, 3-5 minutes, problem repeats. When it does fire, it fires for 3 seconds.

-   Checked:

o   key fob,
o   battery
o    RCM,
o   changed cranked position sensor.  
o   No set codes.
o   Only thing OBD said was ‘open circuit in fuel pressure regulator’.
o   Security light is not on in dash
o   no security errors showing in dash
o   have fuel pressure
o   all fuses in car are good
o   everything else (electrc/power) functions properly.
o   Car does communicate with OBD II tester I
o   Checked all wiring harnesses, including mouse destruction.
o   Giggled all connectors
o   unplugged mass flow sensor
o   checked cam sensor, SLIGHTLY changed how it fired.
My wife is ready to send it off a cliff. Please help!

Hi Mark,
I wonder what has happened with the no start situation:
No need to send it off a cliff! You simply have a problem with the anti-theft system.
That symptom you describe, particularly also the refusal to crank after three failures to run beyond 3 seconds, strongly implicates the vehicle theft/security system. I would try using the door key to lock/unlock the driver door and see if that solves the problem. If not, try the same thing on the passenger side door. Because the security light is not 'on', this probably is not the issue, however.  
If that doesn't work, then I believe your ignition key has the bulge in its finger grip, called a sentry key immobilizer system (skim), and in that case I would suspect that either the small loop of wire that surrounds the ignition lock cylinder has come loose at one end or the other OR the fuse that powers that system is blown. That too would cause the same symptom you describe, particularly if the security light (relates to the door locks only) as you noted is not lit. The loop is the 'antenna' that detects the 'sender' hidden inside the bulge in the key grip. Also check fuse #35 as it powers the skim system and might be blown. Both the door locks and the sentry key immobilizer have to be acceptable for the engine to start and run beyond 3 seconds. If you need the details about that skim system wire let me know.
There are a couple of other security devices remaining which could also be causing the problem but let's focus on the skim first. Let me know what your learn.
Please read the PS below.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).