Chrysler Repair/'91 Chrysler Lebaron convertible left blinker switch

Hi Roland,

Just picked up a 1991 Chrysler LeBaron convertible w/ only 61,000 miles! The left blinker switch needs to be repaired. According to my mechanic its not the bulb, but the switch.   Do you know where I can get the part?  Chrysler claims they no longer make this for that year.

Hi Peter,
I would suggest trying wrecking yards in your area or if they don't have it to ask them to go to their nationwide network which connects the yards to one another.
I have the wiring diagrams if that is needed to assure the problem is indeed the switch. I mention this because if only the front OR the rear lamp doesn't work, then I would attribute the problem to being the relay which is specifically dedicated to that bulb and not the switch itself. There is a separate relay for each of the four blinker lights so unless BOTH the front and rear left blinkers don't work it is likely that the relay rather than the switch that is at fault. The relay should be available locally at a parts store or dealer. Let me know if that is the case. The relays are located on the left kick panel to the left of the driver's left leg. If both the front and rear blinkers don't work then it is likely the switch at fault.
Please read the PS below.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).