Chrysler Repair/'95 Concorde transmission Problems

Question
Hi Dean,
Sorry for the delay but I just found your question in the 'reader feedback' which I don't get any notice from Allexperts about new postings. I have to look to see if anything came in.
The 24 code says the low-reverse pressure switch is out of order. I would believe that the solenoid/pressure switch assembly needs to be replaced (Chrysler does not sell parts for the assembly). That involves dropping the oil pan, removing the valve body and then removing the 'pack' from the valve body. I have the '04 manual on CD which shows how to do this and could attach the pages to an email I will send to you directly. But I need to know your email address which you can tell me by asking a new question, click to make it 'private'. Once I have that I can send you the info and you can decide if you want to do it yourself.
In the meantime you could check the continuity of the wire from the low-reverse pressure switch to the transmission control module. The wire is light blue and connects pin 2 of the 8-pin plug on the trans to pin 50 of the tcm. If that wire is OK then I would believe that there is a problem with the LR pressure switch itself.
Roland

Hi Roland, Thanks again for the help.

The connector is next to the battery correct?
I really do not think I want to chase into rebuild or major repair areas here. The car is 18 years old, we live in the 'rust-belt', and while it has no other problems, I might not be worth my time and $$ to chase too deep.
I will try the connector plug for corrosion/issues and check with an OHM Meter.
Being the problem only happens when warm, do you think an additive like the Lucas trans product might be worth a try?

The car drive like normal when cold and it has no leaks at all.

Just an idea,

Many Many thanks

Dean

Answer
Hi Dean,
Just why the LR pressure switch says there is a problem with the hydraulic pressure to the LR clutch is unknown. The solenoid could be faulty, the pressure switch could be faulty, the wire to either could be faulty. The LR solenoid wire is light blue from pin 6 to pin 20. Given where you are with the vehicle, there is no reason not to try a trans product particularly if it claims to address an issue with the solenoid/pressure switch part of the transmission. Let me know if it seems to improve things or not. You are correct that the tcm is near the battery which may have to be removed to gain full access to its plug.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston