Chrysler Repair/'98 Serbring Trans.: PRNDL all lit up

Question
Hi Roland, the car is in limp in mode,no speedo,dtc p1698,snap on scanner mt2500 in ccd mode body control module scanner reading etax not sending PRNDL Signal(car has auto stick)
I have replaced both speed sensors,tcm,checked all wires,cleaned all connectors,still no speedo & in limp in mode,where is the etax?and how can i check it? the PRND have boxes around them all when u turn the car on. After clearing the p1698 code and replacing the speed sensors it has not come back. Thank you for any help,Bill

Answer
Hi Bill,
The etax transmission control module (tcm) is on the other side of the power distribution box from the pcm. The all lit boxes mean that the digital info about the trans (that goes out of the trans control module) is not being received at the body control module (located on the back side of the fuse box under the dash) or from there being shared with the pcm.
Have you checked the relevant fuses? For the tcm those would be 4 and 11 in the dash fuse box and 3 in the pdc in the engine compartment. The body control module fuses are: 5, 8, 9, 11, 15 in the dash box. The ccd wires go from the tcm to the bcm:
white/dark green from pin 4 of the tcm to pin 14, and violet/dark green from pin 43 of the tcm to pin 6, both of them go to the 14-pin black plug at the bcm (located on the passenger side of the bcm)
So those would be the first things I would check out for continuity. If you don't find continuity on one or the other of those ccd wires (actually a twisted pair of wires) then look under the dash at the top end of the brake pedal lever where each wire is involved with a 3-wire splice of its own and where there might be a damaged splice that is causing the problem.
Also try switching out the tcm relay (front most in the power box) with a less important but same part number relay nearby.
If the tcm or pcm themselves were at issue there would be a fault code for that
Please read the PS below.
Thanks,
Roland
Keep driving it and checking for fresh codes.  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston