Chrysler Repair/'99 Cirrus lxi 2.5 v6: AC/instrument cluster

I own a 99 cirrus with the 2.5 v6.. without warning everything except my fuel gauge quits working on my gauge cluster and at same time my a/c also quits.. but just as randomly as it quits working it will start working again. Any thoughts suggestions or ideas?
Thanks, Anthony

Hi Anthony,
When you say the A/C 'quits' if you mean the compressor stops operating, then I wonder if fuse #9 in the power box in the engine compartment might have a cracked wire which unpredictably opens and closes the current circuit that operates the compressor clutch. So take a look at that fuse (10 amp). That fuse is also involved in the instrument cluster but I don't see it being responsible for the entire cluster ceasing to work, but it might do that.
Sorry for the delay in answering your question but I just found it in the 'pool' to which it had been referred by the other expert, Kevin.
Please read the PS below.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).