Chrysler Repair/AC/Heat blower will not blow: '03 Minivan

Question
I have a 2003 Chrysler Voyager minivan.  Some time ago the blower went to only blowing heat and/or ac on the maximum blower level.  Within the last couple of days, the blower will not even do that.  It is real intermittent with just a little air blowing out at best.  I replaced the blower resistor and it did not help.  Does this mean that the blower motor will have to be replaced now?  Thanks for your help.

Answer
Hi Amy,
With the engine off, but the key in the run position, see if the blower makes any operating sound at all when you have the speed set for high. If not, then check fuse #10 (40 amp) in the power box in the engine compartment. If that appears to be good (but look closely for it might have a subtle crack in its internal wire OR try inserting a different 40 amp fuse) then I would believe that the blower motor is not functioning and therefore should be replaced.
If it does make a sound see if that sound changes as you request lower speed setting so as to verify the resistor block is still OK. If the resistor block seems OK, then it would be reasonable to replace the blower motor. That is under the dash on the underside of the HVAC unit at the far right end. It is not difficult to replace it yourself and I can send the pages that show how to do that as attachments to an email. I would need your email address so if you tell me than in a follow-up question be sure to make the question private or to use 'at' instead of @ when you give me the address otherwise the address will be automatically erased.
Please read the PS below.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston