Chrysler Repair/'95 Concorde transmission Problems

dean stewart wrote at 2013-07-08 18:32:55
Hi Roland,

This is Dean again. I cannot seem to reply to your message with a regular response.

The Snap-on reader gave me a transmission code of 24......

After taking the reading, the trans would operate without issue and drove nicely for about 2 miles??

Brought it back and it gave a 24 code again.

The guy I borrowed the reader from said he looked it up and he told me that code was very bad and the trans needs a complete rebuild.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks again

in Spring Grove, IL

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).