Chrysler Repair/Sebring '01 2.7L: no spark plug action

hello,I have no fire to plugs on my 01 Chrysler sebring 2.7.i was told it could be crank has 1 code which says primary coil , but it has coil packs on each cylinder. thank for any help on my problem. greg

Hi Greg,
Can you tell me the 4-digit code number that speaks of the 'primary coil'? That would help me to know which part to focus in on. Fuse 14 in the PDC provides current to the autoshutdown relay, and that relay provides power to fuse 24 in the same box that then sends the 12v to the spark plugs coils. The asd relay will only close if both the crank and cam sensors are working but there are separate codes for those. So check the fuses first.
Please read the PS below.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).