Chrysler Repair/tcm problem? P0700

Hi Roland i have an 06 chrysler 300 and the check engine light is on took it to a shop for a diagnostic and they told me the code p0700 came out and that the tcm needed to be replaced see what my car does it'll suddenly die on me when at a light or stop, it'll turn right back but when i put it on drive it'll just stall like if it was in neutral i have to put it back to park then to drive a couple of time for it to go my trannsmissionshit all the gears good, please help me and tell me what it could be

Hi Orly,
I disagree with the recommendation to replace the TCM. I believe that shop did not do a proper job of getting the fault code for the transmission, assuming that is the only part of the powertrain that has code. The 0700 code means simply that a second code specific to a particular problem is also stored in the trans controller memory. So they should have found a second code to be present. I would go back and tell them to try again and if they only get 0700 then there is something the matter with their code reader and they should give you back your money that you paid for the first readout. Then go to a different shop to see if they get an 0700 AND a second number (or more). The 0700 by itself doesn't tell us anything except there is another fault code that we have not been told of as yet.
Please read the PS below.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).