Chrysler Repair/'03 300m electrical outages:power window/seats/dash lights

Question
QUESTION: Progression of problems: heater control panel light quit,
then speedometer backlight quit (comes on very rarely), then all four windows quit working, then the automatic seat adjuster quit. Fuses are ok. Engine runs ok. Any ideas?

ANSWER: Hi Mike,
There are a couple of common items that impact the 4 systems:
Look on the junction block (hidden behind the left end cap of the dash) and find circuit breaker no. 2 (just below the natural color 8-wire plug). Flip that breaker off and then back on to improve its connection. Then go under the driver sear from behind and look for a black wire that is screwed onto a ridge on the floor about midline as that is a common ground point for several circuits. One or the other of those may be the common cause for your problems.
Please read the PS below.
Thanks,
Roland

QUESTION: I don't see any breakers that can be switched off and on. they are all either fuses or solid plug in boxes with a rubber sleeve covering them. The 20 amp breaker for the power windows is good, switched with the power seat breaker to check it. The ground under the seat is solid. What am I missing?

Answer
Hi Mike,
I think you will have to verify whether you are getting power to the power window switch when the ignition switch is in the run position that comes out of circuit breaker no. 1. It is on pin no. 1, tan wire. Pin 10 of the switch should be grounded (0 ohms measured to ground). Lift around the bezel of the switch for removal of it.
Similarly, the power seat memory module is located under the driver seat and the power to it from circuit breaker no. 2 all the time is on pin 2 of the gray 2-pin plug of that module (the module has four plugs). Pin 1, black wire, should be grounded.
Both of the ground wires are grounded under the driver seat as described earlier.
These are basically independent circuits except for the common ground wire point.
Please rate my answers and if you would have a 'yes' to nominate me for volunteer of the month I would be most appreciative.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston