Chrysler Repair/'97 Cirrus: cigar lighter/radio amp

QUESTION: I have a 97 Chrysler cirrus I recently bought and fixed... I am having trouble with my cigarette lighter and my radio... the radio display cones on and I can cycle through the stations but no sound out of the static or anything I checked and all fuses in the fuse panel on the left end cap of the dash and under the Hood are in correct working condition...

ANSWER: Let me check the manual and get back in an hour or so.

QUESTION: i certainly will either way if the answer you come up with works or not! thank you for your time, its very much appreciated

ANSWER: Hi Matthew,
Take a closer look at fuse 8 in the panel behind the end cap of the dash as that powers both the lighter and the audio amplifier (deluxe radio). It may look alright but have a subtle crack in its internal wire.
Please read the PS below.

QUESTION: i took a closer look at number 8 fuse.. it looks fine with a little black on the 2 prongs that come out of the bottom. So i replaced that with a corresponding 20A fuse that i know for sure to be working and it didnt change anything.

OK, then check fuse #14 in the power box in the engine compartment, similarly. That powers both the cigar outlet and the radio also. If that looks alright, then if you have a voltmeter check to see if both contacts of all the fuses I listed show 12v to be present when the key is in the 'run' position or not. If voltage is present, then we will have to check for voltage at the devices. For the radio, please tell me if this is a base radio or a deluxe radio (with a separate amplifier). I can then tell you which pins to check on the back side of the radio for the presence of voltage.

Please read the PS below.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).