Chrysler Repair/'97 Cirrus: cigar lighter/radio amp

Question
QUESTION: I have a 97 Chrysler cirrus I recently bought and fixed... I am having trouble with my cigarette lighter and my radio... the radio display cones on and I can cycle through the stations but no sound out of the speakers...no static or anything I checked and all fuses in the fuse panel on the left end cap of the dash and under the Hood are in correct working condition...

ANSWER: Let me check the manual and get back in an hour or so.

QUESTION: i certainly will either way if the answer you come up with works or not! thank you for your time, its very much appreciated

ANSWER: Hi Matthew,
Take a closer look at fuse 8 in the panel behind the end cap of the dash as that powers both the lighter and the audio amplifier (deluxe radio). It may look alright but have a subtle crack in its internal wire.
Please read the PS below.
Thanks,
Roland

QUESTION: i took a closer look at number 8 fuse.. it looks fine with a little black on the 2 prongs that come out of the bottom. So i replaced that with a corresponding 20A fuse that i know for sure to be working and it didnt change anything.

Answer
OK, then check fuse #14 in the power box in the engine compartment, similarly. That powers both the cigar outlet and the radio also. If that looks alright, then if you have a voltmeter check to see if both contacts of all the fuses I listed show 12v to be present when the key is in the 'run' position or not. If voltage is present, then we will have to check for voltage at the devices. For the radio, please tell me if this is a base radio or a deluxe radio (with a separate amplifier). I can then tell you which pins to check on the back side of the radio for the presence of voltage.

Please read the PS below.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston