Chrysler Repair/2004 Chrysler Sebring: rough idle

I have 2004 Chysler Sebring Convertable... Had water pump, thermostat, timing chain, tensioner, head gasket & gasket intake replaced. Now its idling rought... No codes or check engine light on. What could it be????

Hi Melissa,
If it was idling roughly shortly after that engine work was done then the shop that did the work should put some effort into finding the reason. If it began some time later then I would suggest that the various hoses that connect from sensor/actuators to the intake manifold as a source of vacuum for their operation be checked to sure no hose is loose at either end or cracked and thus letting air into the manifold. That 'tramp' air will cause such roughness in the idle. Keep checking for fault codes and let me know if you find one for at some point a code related to the rough idle will occur.
Was the intake air filter replaced and if not did you check to see whether it might be clogged with dirt?
Please read the PS below and respond.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).