Chrysler Repair/95 YJ Jeep Wrangler - no speedometer, tach, battery, oil pressure

Recently I washed the interior of the vehicle and afterwards all my gauges stopped working except the fuel gauge (speedometer, tach, battery, oil pressure).  Radio also stopped working.

I checked all fuses under hood and inside near ebrake but all are good.  Any ideas what the problem could be?

Hi Corey,
Because the radio and the instrument cluster no doubt are supplied by different fuses my thought is that 'ground' wires from both the cluster and the radio that carry the return current to  the battery via the chassis are loose. These wirea would be black in color and would likely be attached to a structural metal support under the dash by means of a screw. So look under the dash to find any points where there are one or more black wires coming to a screw and check for the possibility that the screw is loose or the rings on the ends of one or more wires are corroded or wet which would cause an electrical disconnection. There may be more than one such screw, but focus on the bare metal supports at the mid-line of the vehicle (perhaps behind the radio or behind the instrument cluster location).
I don't have a mid-90's manual to check this theory out, but I believe this would be the most likely reason for your loosing both the radio and the cluster gauges.
Please read the PS below.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).