Chrysler Repair/'99 LHS/300m: no crank

Question
Hey Roland, this car is driving me crazy!  It decided to not start one day.  Battery is good, starter is good.  I went through with my volt/ohm meter and everything checks out.  But it will not turn over.  All fuses are good, all relays are good.  I'm thinking it's the neutral safety switch.  Any ideas?  I turn the to run, everything works, just won't turn over?

Answer
Hi Rob.
It very well could be that safety switch. If  you go to the transmission range switch plug, the internal P/N switch should ground pins 5 and 10 of the plug (brown/white and brown/pink respectively) and those wires go to the PCM pin 76 and the TCM pin 41. So see if that is the case or not.
The PCM is what controls the starrer relay from its pin 31 to pin C (which it grounds) of the relay socket, and if fuse G is OK then the current from the battery goes thru the closed relay to the starter solenoid which should click loudly (the relay should click softly). Check the light green wire from pin D to the solenoid at the starter for continuity of that connection.   
About the only other possibility is the failure of the ignition switch 'start' position which should put 12v on the pin A of the relay socket which is the relay activation coil (which should accompany the grounding of pin C by the PCM when the trans range switch is in P or N). So check out the P/N grounding action at the trans range switch.
Please read the PS below.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston