Chrysler Repair/Dodge Van B1500 1998 Drivers Door Will Not Open

You replied to a guest about about opening a van door which would not open.  I have the same issue and have been able to get the panel off, but not sure how to "release" the door to open.  You offered several pages of the door details.  That might help me open it, unless you can give me other suggestions.  Thanks.

Hi Mark,
I am not clear as to whether the B1500 van is a front or rear wheel drive. I don't have the manual for the rear wheel drive vans of the 1990's but do have them for the '04 model year for the Ram, Dakota, and Durango. Is any of those similar to yours and if so which? If so, I can copy pages from that '04 manual and attach to an email. But I need to know your email address. To do that send me a private follow-up telling me the address. Don't use @ but instead use 'at'. When you say the driver's door won't open do you mean the mechanical connection between the handle releases seem to be disconnected from the latch, or is there some other sort of reason that you can describe.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).