Chrysler Repair/no fire on coils

Question
change timing belt now car will not fire on coilsk

Answer
Hi Paul,
Year/make/model/engine/body style?
To have spark you need to have:
12V to the primary of the spark coil(s) and that comes from the ASD relay
The ASD relay has to have pulsing signals from the cam and crank sensors to close and provide the power to the coils. So those are what to focus on.
I would try for fault code readout with the ignition key: 'on-off-on-off-on and leave on' doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer to see if the mileage reading is replaced by any 4 digit numbers preceded by a P, or does the check engine light begin to flash/pause/flash/etc. (doing one of the other depending upon the year model.
Do you hear the fuel pump run for a second when you turn the key to the run position?
Let me know the answers and we'll go from there.

Update:
If you happen to have an LH body car (300m, Concorde, Intrepid) between '98 and '04 here is a question and an answer for that vehicle which I just sent out:

"Hello Roland,

We're unable to start a 99 Concorde 4dr 2.7L, which had been in storage.
Day 1)
We replaced the battery & used some ether.
The engine started, but only ran for a few seconds.
Since the fuel gauge was on "E", we added 2 gallons
of gas & tried again. This time the engine didn't start.
So we checked the fuel pump & it's working....
Day 2)
We tried again with some ether, but it still won't start.
Then we checked for Spark & found there's No Spark.
Lastly,
We checked for PCM codes. There are only 2 codes displayed.
P1489 (High speed fan relay),
P1684 (Battery disc. under 50 miles)

So, it won't start, because there's no spark.
But there's No Code, which explains the problem.

PLEASE HELP, A.S.A.P.
The car must be moved,
Within the next 48hrs,
Or we'll be FINED.

Thank you.
K.

PS.
I sent this before w/o car info,
to Kevin by mistake.
I'm sending it to you, with all info.
In hopes it'll help others better.

Answer:
Hi Kevin,
It is possible that one of the engine rotational sensors is bad but not so much as to set a code so keep that in mind if the following things don't help. The sensor codes are 0320 and 0340.
For the spark to be produced:
Both fuse N and fuse S have to be working so check those out.
The automatic shutdown relay has to be closed (the rotational sensors have to send signals to the pcm that the engine is rotating for that to happen). So the easiest check for that ASD output voltage is a dark green/orange wire on pin 2 of the 2-sire plug at the alternator. You can remove that plug and put a voltmeter on pin 2 to verify that when you are cranking over the engine
The two noise suppression capacitors, one on each bank of cylinders, have to be patent (not shorted to ground which would kill the voltage for the primary winding of the spark coils). That voltage is on a dark green/light green wire also located on pin 1 of each of the six spark coils. So remove one of those spark coil plugs and verify that you have 12v on pin 1 of it, again while cranking it over.
If you have 12v on the primary winding of the spark coils and you are not getting spark on any plug then there is no pulsing ground signal to the other end of the spark coils' primary winding that should be coming to then from the pcm if the engine is rotating and the ASD is closed.
So go through that set of observations and let me know what you learn. Hopefully you will find something missing that can be corrected."

Please read the PS below.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston