Chrysler Repair/Flawed Fuel Indicator: '94 T&C electronic cluster

Question
Hello, Mr Finston. Is there another way to find out and correct the fuel level indicator for my 1994 Chrysler Town & Country minivan with 3.8L engine? The reset buttons on the dash wasn't helpful. After repeated attempts the process would stop at 5, and not go further. Do you have other suggestions to correct the problem. Thank you.

Answer
Hi Adonis,
The next step of the electronic cluster self-test is that either all segments light (in which case it should begin the fuel gauge self test process) or some segments don't light (in which case the instruction says to replace the cluster). If all segments light then 'fuel gauge reading and cluster asterisk not flashing' would be the expected next step. If not then check the fuel level input signal at the body computer(pin 18 of the plug, dark blue wire). Resistance of the wire to ground should be between 2 and 150 ohms. The body computer is to the right of the steering column.
If all segments aren't lighting and the 5 is the stopping point then that would seem to suggest a problem with the cluster requiring replacement.
Please see the PS below.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston