Chrysler Repair/Intermittent Electrical Problems

93 Le Baron convertible 3.0 I'm having intermittent electrical outages. The turn signals and radio will stop working, not necessarily at the same time, one may work, stop or return independently. When the signals are offline the dash switch doesn't return to the neutral position and the indicator light doesn't come on. When the radio goes off the clock and presets are lost when it comes back on.

Hi Dan,
The radio/clock presets are powered by the ignition off-dray fuse (which also powers the courtesy lights and that fuse is #26 under the dash, which itself is powered by fuse 47 in the engine compartment. So check out those fuses for being cracked or loose in their sockets.
Similarly the turn signals are powered by fuse 36 in the engine compartment and fuse 6 under the dash. So when things don't work verify that you have 12v on both sides of all those fuses.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).