Chrysler Repair/No Start 2000 Chrysler 300M

Hi Roland,
I have a 2000 Chrysler 300M that was leaking water from the water pump.  I changed the water pump and while doing so I had to turn the crank shaft slightly to get at a bolt (Timing belt was still connected).  After putting everything back together I attempted to crank the vehicle it would turn over but will not start.  Any suggestions?

Hi Stephen,
Turn the ignition switch: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see the mileage reading be replaced by a four digit number preceded by a P which would be a fault code(s) which would give us a clue about the not start. Let me know what you learn.
Have you checked for spark? Do you hear the fuel pump in the tank run for about a second when the key I first turned to the 'run' position? Those would be relevant observations as well.
Please read the PS below.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).