Chrysler Repair/'04 Concorde hood release cable

My hood release cable either came loose or broke. Could I just get under the car and pull the cable? If so where is it located?

Hi Amanda,
The hood latch is accessible from an opening underneath the vehicle located in the fascia, very near the front (in front of the radiator). There is an 'arm'-like lever (also called the latch "pawl") that projects forward from the latch and if you pull that lever one way or the other (side ways I believe) it will release the hood latch. Then you can replace the cable.
Please read the PS below and respond.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).