Chrysler Repair/04 Pacfica: PRNDL lights all 'boxed"

Question
I read a previous question and answer from you, that I am having the same issue. the issue is with a 04 pacifica that has all boxes lit up in p and n along with a message display saying put car in park when I try using the hatch button or try accessing the menu along with other options not working/disabled. I followed your instructions on the post, checked wires in both locations and no luck. I tried to get a code read out from the dash and it only says donE. I have not had the chance to use a digital reader on it yet however no check engine light is on . should I still try this step or should I start moving in another direction.

Answer
Hi Paul,
Thanks for doing the rating of today's answer. I have one request as I go about sending the pages to you. Would you be so kind as to "thank/rate" this earlier question, only this time also notice the question there about a Nomination of me to be volunteer of the month, and click on 'Yes'.
That would be most appreciated as I am in a tight race for that recognition.
Roland
Hi Paul,
If the wiring is not a fault, then it could be a problem with the transmission range sensor which is located in the transmission but can be serviced without removing the trans, via removing one of the bottom pans. It can also be due to a faulty manual lever. You might try to do an instrument cluster self-calibration: with the ignition switch off, press and hold the trip reset button for 10 seconds, then release it. The cluster will then go through a procedure to test all the gauges and functions.  
That behavior is generally covered by transmission fault code 0706 and there are about 9 pages in the transmission service manual that show a step-by-step procedure to diagnose it. I can copy those pages and attach then to an email I would send to you directly. I need to know your email address but when you tell me that don't use the @ symbol, instead us 'at', otherwise the address is erased automatically.
Sorry for the delay in responding but I just found your question in the "pool" to which Kevin sent it.
Please read the PS below and respond.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston