Chrysler Repair/1985 Chrysler 5th Ave. fully loaded

My parents are parting with this car--excellent condition heated garage kept  only 35,000 miles. 2 questions, Is this car front or rear wheel drive? What would this car be valued at for resale?

Hi Roberta,
The 5th Avenue is a rear wheel drive vehicle in 1985. If you want to know the history of this vehicle/body go to and search "1985 5th Avenue". It was produced up until 1989, but hails back for a decade or more. It was supplanted by the front wheel drive vehicles
I have no way to estimate the value because there are so few being bought/sold. Cars older than 20 years are not tracked by Kelley Blue  It is going to be a matter of advertising it where there would be Chrysler enthusiasts who might see it. Take some photos and then list it on eBay and auction it there with a low minimum bid but also set a 'reserve' bid which is the 'hidden' actual minimum that you want for it. Then see if there is any 'action' that drives up the bidding. If the 'reserve' is not reached then you don't have to sell it at the maximum that was bid. Then you can try listing it locally on  
Please see the PS below and respond.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).