Chrysler Repair/1987 Chrysler 5th Ave. 318 motor: ATC vacuum supply line

To Hi, vacuum line connector in dash for automatic climate control panel, broke apart and need replacement part and diagram, thanks for any help you can give.

Hi Russell,
I believe that the vacuum line comes from the power brake canister hose connection to the canister and goes through the firewall to the ATC unit. Aside from there being a check valve in that line (in the cabin just before it enters the unit) I don't believe there is any other part that needs to be replaced other than that small diameter vacuum line itself. I have the '83 manual and I will check that out to be certain what I said is correct. But I would believe you will find it to be a straight through connection between the engine compartment and the control (including the check valve in the line). The purpose of the check valve is to prevent the vacuum to the control from dropping down when you accelerate the engine aggressively which otherwise would cause the air distribution doors to possibly change their positions. The check valve is probably available at a dealer, and the vacuum line is probably a part store item.
By the way I recently had a relative of an owner of an '85 5th Ave. write to ask me what it would be worth as the owner was thinking of selling it. Only has 35K miles and is loaded. Any idea of what to suggest?
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).