Chrysler Repair/1987 Chrysler 5th Ave. 318 motor: ATC vacuum supply line

Question
To mail.com Hi, vacuum line connector in dash for automatic climate control panel, broke apart and need replacement part and diagram, thanks for any help you can give.

Answer
Hi Russell,
I believe that the vacuum line comes from the power brake canister hose connection to the canister and goes through the firewall to the ATC unit. Aside from there being a check valve in that line (in the cabin just before it enters the unit) I don't believe there is any other part that needs to be replaced other than that small diameter vacuum line itself. I have the '83 manual and I will check that out to be certain what I said is correct. But I would believe you will find it to be a straight through connection between the engine compartment and the control (including the check valve in the line). The purpose of the check valve is to prevent the vacuum to the control from dropping down when you accelerate the engine aggressively which otherwise would cause the air distribution doors to possibly change their positions. The check valve is probably available at a dealer, and the vacuum line is probably a part store item.
By the way I recently had a relative of an owner of an '85 5th Ave. write to ask me what it would be worth as the owner was thinking of selling it. Only has 35K miles and is loaded. Any idea of what to suggest?
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston