Chrysler Repair/'91 3.3L New Yorker: hesistation

Question
QUESTION: Hi Roland, my car goes in tomorrow for the EGR cleaning and throttle cleaning......I will let you know what they charged in case you are curious.   And again thank you for all your help!!
I told my friends I was going to go around and do the on , off , on , off code checker, hahaha.

ANSWER: You are welcome. Let me know if that solves the problem of hesitating.
The code check via the ignition key as described here is applicable to Chrysler vehicles. Other makes have other 'tricks'.
Roland

QUESTION: Hi Roland, my car doesn`t have an EGR valve :(       so they cleaned the throttle body and checked the battery stuff, for Code 12....
So now I don`t know what could cause the hesitation....I will see if it continues. Total Cost was 20 dollars, piece of mind...  NO

Answer
Hi Jennifer:
Thanks for that follow-up. It wasn't ever spelled out as to which size engine you have, but I see that the 3.3L doesn't have the egr, but the 3.8L does for all 'Federal' engines (in California-sold cars both have egr). So now that is a known.
It may well be that the throttle body cleaning will fix the issue, and if not then I would suggest that you replace the oxygen sensor which comes into play once the engine is warmed up. It would provide a more accurate fuel/air mixture and so that may also prevent hesitation. Other than watchful waiting you could do the fault code readout from time to time if the check engine light should come on while driving.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston