Chrysler Repair/'92 LeBaron Convertible: limp-in mode

Question
QUESTION: I just recently took car through a car wash upon leaving car wash I noticed transmission was locked in low gear. I've had this transmission replaced in the past, and I was told that all sensors and solenoids were replaced. Also my Trip odometer is frozen.

ANSWER: Hi Carlos.
I would wait for a few days to see if 'drying' of the wiring might get the transmission out of limp-in mode (actually it is only using second gear). If that doesn't improve it, then a fault code readout of the transmission controller memory is the next step. That is done via plug at the lower left end of the dash using an OBD-I code reader.
The trip odometer is probably a gear problem inside the cluster if the mileage reading is still changing as you drive. It is probably more of an effort to get that going again than is worth it. Try fiddling with the reset button in case it might be stuck 'in' is about all I can suggest for that.
Please read the PS below and respond.
Thanks,
Roland

QUESTION: what are the chances of me having to replace trans? Or is this more of an electrical component issue

Answer
Hi Carlos,
Until you have the code readout we won't know for sure, so let me know what that shows. Get the 2-digit code number and we'll go from there. But because of the history of the car wash wait a bit to see if it recovers from that. By the way, did you check the level of trans fluid on the dip stick to see that you don't have leak? Use only ATF+4 if needed.
If you would do a rating/nomination in the meantime that would be appreciated.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston