Chrysler Repair/'97 chrysler sebring jxi: P0120,0123,0700

Question
I am having problems getting rid of these codes. throttle position sensor has been changed, both sensors on the transmission have been changed. Car surges when in park, hard shifts or won't shift into 3rd or 4th gear. please help, i love this car and have to get it dmv inspected soon.

Answer
Hi Toni,
The first two codes both point to the throttle position sensor, and although the tps was changed I suspect that there is a problem with the three wires that connect it to the powertrain control module. The harness may have come in contact with a hot pipe and experience melting of the insulation or a wire may have fatigued and broken. The connections are:
violet/white wire on pin 1 of its plug should show 5v when the key is in the run position and if not that check the continuity between pin and pin 61 at the pcm, and also check for a short circuit to ground;
orange/light blue on pin 2 of its plug should show a variable voltage between 0 and 5v as the throttle is moved when the key is on and the plug is attached to the tps. If not check the continuity to pin 35 of the pcm and also check for a short circuit to ground;
black/light blue on pin 3 of its plug should be grounded and in connected to pin 43 of the pcm.
The transmission problems are detected by its control module (thus the 0700 code) but a code reader plugged into a socket under the dash will be needed to find out what those additional codes are. You may be able to get that readout for free at a nationwide auto parts store such as Autozone, or for around $40 from an independent shop.
So let me know the hidden codes, and take a close look at the wires connected to the throttle position sensor to find out what is wrong with them. If the person who replaced the tps didn't erase the codes then they may be simply stale, but chances are they are relevant.
Thanks for the rating and nomination,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston