Chrysler Repair/'97 LH-body LHS: blower motor on high

the blower only blows on high and i cant turn it off

Hi Steve,
I assume this is conventional control panel sort of unit (no digital readout). This situation means that the 'blower motor resistor block' has burned out. If you remove the pad on the underside edge of the dash on the right side you will have a better view of the HVAC unit where you will note the blower is at the right hand end of the unit, underside. The wires from the blower go to a plug near by in the unit at the resistor block. If you remove the plug and then remove the 2 screws on either side of the plug socket the resistor block will be removed by pulling it out.
Get a new block and install it and things will be back to normal.
Please read the PS below and respond.
Thanks so much.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).