Chrysler Repair/Brakes grabbing while driving by themselves

QUESTION: 2001 Chrysler Concorde 3.2 285,000 miles brakes seems to grap while driving after cars warmed up (20 mins). Changed all wheel cylinders, brake pads, rotors, wheel bearings and front hoses. Front brakes seem to be hotter then rear, can smell brake pad from front. Car will slow down seems like its being power braked then it will release. Don't know if affecting the trans in shifting. Don't know where to start next. I don't have any codes on the car. Master cylinder????

While it could be the master cylinder or even the pedal mechanism might be binding, I would wonder first about the calipers' guide pins and their bushings. If the calipers' lateral movement was binding up that would result in the pads dragging on the surface of the rotors when you release the pedal. Did you check/replace those when did the calipers? See if that resolves the problem before getting into the master cylinder possibility.
I can copy the pages from the '04 manual that describe how to replace and lube the bushings and clean off the pins' surface to circumvent that problem. Let me know your email address, but don't us @ symbol instead use 'at', otherwise the address will be erased.
Please read the PS below and respond.

QUESTION: replaced all the pins and lubed up. Can the drag on the brakes make the trans not shift right. thanks for the help. Wont submit with the word at had to use @

Hi Tim,
It would really take a severe drag to affect the trans shift, I would believe. If the trans isn't shifting right then get a fault code readout for a code(s) related to the trans.
On the @ vs. 'at', because you did do the pins properly I don't have anything to send you.
The front braking is always stronger than the rear, but is the temp difference between them very significant?
Find out what happens if you start with the pads/wheels cold, step on the brake once and release, then simply drive until you have to stop, a good distance, without using the brakes, and then slowing to a stop without using brakes if possible. Are the front wheels even that way hot?
If so, it is possible that the master cylinder is not releasing the pressure in the system when you take your foot off the pedal.
Please rate/nominate me.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).