Chrysler Repair/Engine Control Fuse blowing: '94 LH body

Question
Hello

I have a 94 LHS. The Start, Run, ACC, 20 amp fuse blew while attempting to pass another car during hard acceleration.  I replaced the fuse and drove the car for a couple of days and repeated the hard acceleration on another occasion and the car stopped again. This time it was the Engine Control Fuse. I replaced it and the car runs fine until hard acceleration where it bumps a couple of times then blows the fuse. Any suggestions.

Answer
Hi Tony,
I am not clear on exactly which fuse(s) blew. The first fuse is presumably A at the rear of the box on the inboard row of fuses. But which fuse is the 'engine control fuse' and what is its amperage? Was it the fuse B directly in front of fuse A which is also 20 amp? Historically, have any changes been made in the wiring or in any of the fuse sizes?
Fuse A powers 5 fuses that together total 40 amp, but none is greater than 10 amp, so ideally one of those would have blown before fuse A blew. Fuse B powers the actuation coils of the trans control relay and the autoshutdown relay, as well as the circuits of the tcm and the pcm but those are all low current uses so I don't see why they would blow that fuse. One component that is deactivated by hard acceleration is the egr valve so you might check its wiring.
It may be that there is a temporary shorted wire that occurs when the engine moves as the result of hard acceleration and brings a bare section of wire in contact with a piece of metal.
So let me know the answers to by above questions and any thoughts you have about my analysis.
Please read the PS below and respond.
Thanks,
Roland  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston