Chrysler Repair/Mystery Fuel Indicator 2

Question
What I didn't tell you (Forgot) that there two indications on the electronic fuel level on my 1994 Chrysler Town & Country van with 3.8L engine. Half-full and full. After I had fill the tank up, the indicator revealed full. The gas pump as the service station kept kicking off because I was continuing to add to a full tank. Shut off engine to do an errant at a location. Re-started the engine, and it was back at its defective status (Flashing Gas Pump). After I had fill the tank the fuel indicator read full. Arrived at another location and shut off the engine. Returned to my vehicle and re-started the engine, and it still read full. Like I had said earlier I don't think it will last long, but at least I will know when the tank is full when I refuel in the future. Remember the indicator read half-full before filling the tank. Shut off engine twice after that, and it read full all the way home. Thanks for your time

Answer
Hi Adonis,
The gauge is supposed to read smoothly between full and empty. Does it ever show less than half a tank?
The best way to separate the fuel level sending unit as the problem from the electronic cluster itself being the problem is to measure the resistance on the dark blue wire as the level of fuel drops in the tank. (Or you could read the resistance to see how it changes as you fill up the tank). It is supposed to range from 150 ohms to 2 ohms depending upon how much fuel is in the tank. So if you want to figure this out use an ohmmeter and follow the resistance readings as you fill/use up the gas. If it changes as I described then the unit in the tank is alright and the problem is the electronic cluster itself. Otherwise, the reverse is true.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston