Chrysler Repair/Mystery Fuel Indicator

Question
Hello, Mr. Finston. Well, my fuel level is behaving mysteriously again on my 1994 Chrysler Town & Country van with 3.8L engine. When I filled it up the electronic fuel level indicator activated, displaying FILL TANK. Don't know how long it will last. Do I have to fill my gas tank to the top every time to activate the indicator? The gas pump kept kicking off, telling me that that my tank was fill. Is there something wrong with the wiring of my gas tank? Just wondering. Thank you for your time.

Answer
I reviewed your earlier question and my answer about this problem, Adonis.
My first question is does the fuel level meter reading seem to be accurate? If so then the sending unit in the tank is probably alright. If the only problem is the 'warning' then I would believe that the problem is in your electronic cluster proper.
Did you check the resistance shown on the dark blue wire at the blue plug of the body computer, which comes from fuel tank (either at pin 11 or pin 18 of that blue plug)? If not I would do that from time to time as you use up the gas in the tank to see if the fuel level sensor is or is not sending out an appropriate changing resistance reading.
If it is, then there is the probability that the electronic cluster 'fuel level warning light' is not working properly, as you said that you tried the self-diagnostic approach to the cluster and that it didn't succeed to finish the testing. So if the resistance reading from the tank level sensor as seen on the blue wire were shown to be correct and fuel level meter readings were also correct, then I would attribute the problem to the cluster itself. If that were the case I would be inclined to simply ignore the warning light.
Thanks so much for the rating, nomination, and kind remarks.
Roland  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston