Chrysler Repair/Transmission

Question
I have a 1996 Chrysler Sebring Conv. Recently it will not shift out of low gear (limp mode?). I had an error code of p1768 which means that relay is always off. I was told that it may be a problem with the trans solenoid but could it also be the TCM? I did disconnect the battery to reset the computer but the trans is still stuck in 2nd gear. I guess the TCM sends or receives the signal from the solenoid but I wanted to make sure I replace the right part. I was told that the solenoids on these cars have an issue of going bad.
Thanks in advance.

Answer
P1768-RELAY OUTPUT ALWAYS OFF
When Monitored: Continuously after a controller reset (ignition key turned to the RUN
position or when the cranking engine), the TCM then energizes the Trans Control Relay
(switched battery).
Set Condition: The codes sets when the Trans Control Module (TCM) senses less than 3
volts are present at the Trans Control Relay Output (switched Battery) terminals of the
TCM, when the TCM is energizing the relay.

POSSIBLE CAUSES
CHECKING SYMPTOMS AND POSSIBLE CAUSES
LOW BATTERY VOLTAGE
FUSED B(+) CIRCUIT TO TRANS CONTROL RELAY OPEN
TRANS CONTROL RELAY GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN
TRANSMISSION CONTROL RELAY CIRCUIT OPEN
TCM PIN 16 TO TCR OPEN
TCM PIN 17 TO TCR OPEN
NO OUTPUT FROM TRANSMISSION CONTROL RELAY
TRANSMISSION CONTROL RELAY DEFECTIVE
TCM DEFECTIVE
INTERMITTENT CODE P1768

Chrysler Repair

Kevin