Chrysler Repair/]02 T&C codes po700, 760

This is a follow up to a question from 3/12 concerning our 02 Town & Country transmission.  We have had the trans replaced 3/12, but now it has chunked hard and then failed to down shift RPMs after about 45 MPH.  I added a Stop Slip, that seemed to help for now; we found codes p0700, 760.  Engine light has cleared and not returned.  I haven't talked to dealer yet, nor do I remember if this is a 1 or 3 yr warranty.  Might this just need a trans fluid flush/filter clean or a solenoid issue?  Wouldn't the solenoids/pack, etc. have been replaced with the new trans?  Thanks for your help.

Hi Griffin,
The 0700 alerts another code is present for the transmission and the 0760 says the overdrive solenoid switch or the circuit for it is faulty. You would need to check the repair receipt to learn of the warranty and to see if parts were specifically listed in the repair or was the unit actually a completely rebuilt unit.
I would not expect that anything would be improved by changing the fluid/filter. The next time you get a trans fault/fault code, and particularly if it is a 0760 or other solenoid pack codes* then you would do well to go to the shop with the repair receipt in hand and seek a warranty replacement of the solenoid pack if that seems to be covered by the warranty.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).