Chrysler Repair/'05 dodge neon no start

I have a 2005 dodge neon I bought about 3 years ago. I've replace the cam shaft and spark plugs (more than once) before a trip to Houston from Dallas I took it in for an over due oil change and also has a fuel injection service done. About 80 miles into my trip the cruise control stopped working, then about 20 miles after that the car died on the side of the hwy. now I can't get it to start. Had it towed to my aunts house outside Houston.. PLEASE HELP! I have no idea what it could be.. Put a brand new battery in it, listened to the fuel pump and heard it ingage normally.. Don't believe it is the alternator because I still had power.. Please help

Hi Michael.
Use the ignition key to get a fault code number (4-digits preceded by a P): turn the key "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time, Then watch the odometer window on the cluster to see the mileage replaced by a number as described. Tell me the number and we'll go from there.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).