Chrysler Repair/'06 Town and Country power seat

My 2006 T+C drivers side power seat will not go frontwards or backwards. It worked yesterday as I moved it all the way forward for cleaning. On the way back it started clicking and the motor was hot. Seems to be more than one motor. The back part of the seat will still tilt. The control for going front and back does work for tilting the bottom of the seat but makes noise while doing so. I am leary to replace the entire motor(s) as they are quite expensive. Ant suggestions - I would also like to get the seat back so I can drive normally. Thanks a lot. Jim

Hi Jim,
Each of the four motors has a self-resetting circuit breaker. You might check to see if the forward/back motor might not have cut out via the circuit breaker but not self-reset. Maybe tapping on the motor might jog it back into reset.
The power seat switch can be tested to be sure that the for and aft directional internal switch contacts are functioning. I can copy a few pages from the manual that show how to remove the switch and to test for switch continuity, and attach those to an email that I would send to you directly. Tell me you email address but don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at". otherwise it will be erased.
Then examine the track for any sort of debris that might cause binding up of the action.
Unfortunately it may be the case that all four motors and the mechanism may have to be replaced as a unit as the manual says the motors aren't sold separately.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).