Chrysler Repair/2008 Chrysler Sebring Turn Signal/Wiper Switch

Question
QUESTION: Hello Roland, Branden here. My problem is the same as Larry, my turn signal and headlight switches aren't working on my 08' Sebring. Could it be just the 15 fuse, or could it be a short somewhere, or do I need to replace the switch unit?  The switches are completely dead, as I cannot adjust my interior lights, turn signals, brights, wipers, fogs, etc. My hazard lights do work. I am disabled and don't have the money to pay for repair costs and it's snowing cats and dogs here in Illinois, so I am just trying to do it myself, if at all possible, so I appreciate your advise.  Thanks a bunch,
Branden.

ANSWER: Let me check the '06 manual which is the closest I have. Is yours the sedan or convertible?

QUESTION: Sedan, and thank you!

Answer
Hi Branden,
Because of there being so many different functions not working, and I presume that they all stopped at about the same time (correct?), my thought it is not a single fuse that provides power to all those devices but rather a control module that exercises some degree of control over all of them. The device I have in mind is the body control module and it is powered by 4 fuses in the power box in the engine compartment: fuses 3, 8, 17, 18. So take a look at those fuses to see if any are blown, and go one step further to remove each and look closely to see if the internal fuse wire might be cracked. While the multifunction switch is involved in most of these devices, I doubt that there is a single issue with that swtich that would take them all down. It smacks of the body control module being at fault.
I am working from the '06 manual on this, and it is possible that the '08 wiring is different. So in that case again, all the fuses in that box in the engine compartment would be candidates for powering the body control module. I will see if I can get a later wiring diagram.
Thanks for the rating and nomination which you are free to do again.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston