Chrysler Repair/1998 T&C stalling: Codes 1695 and 1698

This is a follow up to my correspondence to you on 10/31/2013, 11/5/2013, and 11/14/2013. I tried doing the tests that you sent me about the fault codes from the '98 body diagnostic manual. Without having a diagnostic readout box and using a multi-meter as you suggested, I wasn't able to determine if there was a problem with the wiring in the ccd bus circuits or a problem with the BCM or the junction block. I replaced the PCM about 200 miles ago with a remanufactured one with the latest manufacturer's updates. This seems to have corrected the problem. The van runs fine and the trouble codes are gone.
I want to thank you for all your help with this problem.

Hi Don,
Thanks for sharing the resolution of the problem with me. I am pleased to learn that you solved it. The fault codes were 1695 and 1698 which speak of failure to receive CCD bus communication from the BCM and the TCM. It is interesting that replacing the PCM has cleared your problems though neither code suggested that the PCM would be the cause. But clearly if the PCM were faulty the stalling/rough idle could be caused by that, and it may well be the case that the PCM was unable to receive the CCD messages because of it faults.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).