Chrysler Repair/1998 T&C stalling: Codes 1695 and 1698

Question
Roland,
This is a follow up to my correspondence to you on 10/31/2013, 11/5/2013, and 11/14/2013. I tried doing the tests that you sent me about the fault codes from the '98 body diagnostic manual. Without having a diagnostic readout box and using a multi-meter as you suggested, I wasn't able to determine if there was a problem with the wiring in the ccd bus circuits or a problem with the BCM or the junction block. I replaced the PCM about 200 miles ago with a remanufactured one with the latest manufacturer's updates. This seems to have corrected the problem. The van runs fine and the trouble codes are gone.
I want to thank you for all your help with this problem.

Thanks,
Don

Answer
Hi Don,
Thanks for sharing the resolution of the problem with me. I am pleased to learn that you solved it. The fault codes were 1695 and 1698 which speak of failure to receive CCD bus communication from the BCM and the TCM. It is interesting that replacing the PCM has cleared your problems though neither code suggested that the PCM would be the cause. But clearly if the PCM were faulty the stalling/rough idle could be caused by that, and it may well be the case that the PCM was unable to receive the CCD messages because of it faults.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston