Chrysler Repair/2000 Chrysler T&C shuts off while driving

Question
Hi Roland,
         Over the past couple of weeks, when we were driving our T&C it has just shut off. Both times we had just stopped accelerating and was either rolling up to a red light or making a turn. Put the van in neutral, restarted and did not have any other issues. We are in Tampa and it seems like that both times it was on the cold side for this area. The van has approximately 142,000 miles.

Answer
Hi Marion,
Two things to try. First turn the ignition key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window of the cluster to see if the mileage is replaced by a 4-digit number  preceded by a P. If so let me know the number.
The other possibility, if there is no number, is that the exhaust gas recirculation valve is sticking slightly ajar, when as you slow to idle it is supposed to close tightly. It is located near to and under the throttle body and can be lubricated with WD-40 where the valve's stem enters the body of the valve, and then the stem moved back and forth via a screwdriver inserted into the slot of the valve'a stem. Let me know if you want more info about that. Tell me the L size of the engine and whether the throttle body is at the front or the rear of the engine (some year between '99 and '02 it was redesigned/moved, but I don't know for sure about the '00). Then I can be more specific about how to find the valve.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston