Chrysler Repair/2013 Challanger v6

I bought a 2013 challenger with a v6 that had water in the engine which froze, I thawed the engine, vacuumed out the water and got it to turn over with a bar on the crank bolt on the harmonic balancer. I had to go c.wise and c.c.w. several times until it would bar all the way around, apparently removing rust from the cyl. where the pistons were when it got wet. did it damage anything by barring it backwards? It wont start yet, won't turn over, Im guessing the starter may have gotten wet but it could be something else. please give me any thoughts you have on what to do. the car has 7000 miles on it, v6 engine. car was not submerged, water splashed up from deep puddle at 60mph. engine icon is on in dash, no faults revealed in engine check

Hi Blaine,
Sorry for the delay but I just found your question in the 'pool' to which Kevin referred it.
I doubt that turning it over by hand backwards would do any damage. So try turning it over a bit more clockwise to see if there is further obstruction. Then try the starter again. Do you hear the loud click from the starter solenoid switch? If so, then the starter motor itself or the battery is too weak.
Please read the PS below and respond.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).