Chrysler Repair/2.5L/2.8L Diesel engine: Thermostat location

Question
QUESTION: Dear Expert,

I would like to replace my Chrysler Voyager 2003 thermostat. I am not sure where to find it. I was thinking it is near the top rear driver side of engine. Also what do I need to remove to get to it. A picture would be great or a schematic. Many thanks.

ANSWER: I assume this is a 3.3 or 3.8L engine, correct. If so, let me finish dinner and get right back with the answer.
Roland

QUESTION: Hi Roland thanks for your quick respond. It is a 2.5L deisel engine. Can  you send a picture or let me know where is the location of the thermostat. Many thanks.

Answer
Hi Craig,
I have the manual for the 2.8L diesel used in the '08 Voyager. If that is the same set up as the 2.5 in your '03 then the thermostat housing is reached by removing the engine cover, and then removing the large splash shield panel on the underside of the vehicle (raise the front end) located under the engine. The thermostat housing is connected to the upper radiator hose so trace that hose to find the housing. It is said to be under the egr cooler (and mounted on the cylinder head), whatever that is. It is a typical thermostat housing but it has some extra nipples on for other water hoses. The bolts are torqued to 21 foot-pounds, use a new gasket.
The drawing shows the thermostat housing, but not where it is located with any detail at all.
See if you can't find it via the upper radiator hose.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston