Chrysler Repair/dash light: exclamation mark

QUESTION: i have a chrysler 300 and warning light has just turned on its a circle with a exclaimation with brackets on the sides of it could please tell me what its for an how to fix it

ANSWER: I am not familiar with that symbol. Have you checked the owner's manual? What is the year model of the car?

QUESTION: my 300 is a 2005 and yes sir i looked at the manual its not low tire thats not an op. on my car

Hi Ron,
The only warning light that I find is an exclamation mark is for the brake system, and it likely would also say "brake" below it. Otherwise I don't know.
If it is for the brake system then first check the brake fluid levels in the two chambers of the master brake cylinder reservoirs. If the parking brake weren't fully released that too would cause a brake warning light. Finally, there may be a fluid leak (particularly if the fluid is low in a reservoir) and that might be shown by there being traces of fluid on the inner wall of one of your tires or elsewhere on the ground. Such pressure imbalances in the system will turn on a brake warning lamp.
Thanks for the rating and nomination.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).